David Mihm has done it once again and published another edition of Local Search Ranking Factors. This year David surveyed 32 local search geeks to get their takes on the top factors for ranking high in Google Maps. The entire set of results is well worth the time for any business that wants to do well in local search. For those of you who just want the goods without the verbiage, here are the top factors:
- Claiming your Google Place Page/Local Listing
- Have a Business Address in the City That is Being Searched
- Associate Your Google Place Page with the Proper Categories
- Put Your Product/Service Keyword in Your Place Page Business Title
- Proximity of Your Address to the Searched City’s Centroid
- Product/Service Keywords in your Google Place Pages Description
- Associating Photos with your Google Place Page
- Associating Local Area Code with your Primary Place Page Phone Number
- Associating Place Page with Marginally Related Categories
- Location Keyword in Place Pages Business TitleSee you in the 7 pack!
Here you go. A simple check list for local businesses to improve their Google listing. Most are rather simple to implement.