Monday, February 18, 2008

What happens when nobody needs a TV? - Lost Remote TV Blog

This link talks about an experience with "tech-savvy" 20-somethings and television viewing. I had a similar experience over the Christmas holidays. My son from USC comes home and begins to tell me about two or three of his favorite TV programs. I'd never heard of them. He said no problem, let's watch them tonight. So with one S-video cable he connects his PC laptop to my HD television. We proceed to watch two hours of programming all downloaded on his laptop. No commercials, good picture quality and I was amazed. I asked him what time these programs come on, he looked at me like I was from Mars. "I have no idea what time these programs air. I've never bothered to find out." For all my friends working in local television I said, "OUCH!"


What happens when nobody needs a TV? - Lost Remote TV Blog

No comments: