Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doc Searls Weblog · Purple Reign Ends

Prince, to the Mirror:

“The internet’s completely over. I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.

“The internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good.

“They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”

Dr. Weinberger responds:

Breaking News: The Internet Declares Prince to be Completely Over

Now we can party like it’s 2010.

When I saw this Prince story over the weekend I knew it would catch a little traction. This is funny. What isn't so funny is where you will find stalwarts of the status quo...I'm sure that's a description that the "purple one" would have recoiled from a few short years ago.

Posted via email from Randy's Stuff

No comments: